Saturday, October 22, 2011

Transitions and Free Time.

I've recently moved to the mountains, I decided that my location should match my beard, but that's another story.
Now this means that I left my friends and, by extension, my gaming groups behind as I start a new life about 8 hours north of them.
My inability to game semi-frequently is the hardest thing to acclimate to in this transition, but what can you do? The opportunity here is in my newfound freedom; I spent a large portion of my time trying to balance planning new and exciting storylines and hanging out with my friends who didn't quite like the activity so much. I now have unlimited time to focus on smoothing out settings and getting story arcs planned out for when I make my summer visits.

If you're interested in keeping up with that just check the links on the right side of the page. They should be public to whoever wants them. If you want to use them for a game you're running or something, go for it!

I'll probably spend a considerable amount of time updating the wikis to the settings I have designed; hopefully completely carving out the worlds (I'm including regional folklore, national histories, and the rest of the continents). What I'll post here will mostly be bits of story, perhaps set before the current events of these settings, maybe in different areas altogether.

I've been telling myself that this little hiatus is just what the doctor ordered, let's hope I'm right.

No comments:

Post a Comment