Friday, July 8, 2011

General update of me and my gaming life so far:

So my cleric I've been playing has reignited my love of character creation and the game in general. Merrik Inniel has become quite powerful in just a few short sessions. The little scamp.
He's finally pulling his own weight in ways beyond "band-aids for the party boo-boos" and manages to kill things every now and again.
Unfortunately though, the module we've been playing is closing down and I'll be turning my hand to game creation once again. I will be running a Star Wars Sagas game for my buddies and I'm glad to do it. My games were my creative muse; they kept my thoughts fresh and flowing. I'm terribly excited to get back in the saddle and make a storyline go.
I'm preparing to take a few days and study the crap out of the core books for the system and brush up on my Star Wars history so that I can avoid my players pulling a fast one on me and getting something absurd early on because they were clever bastards and I gave them what they wanted out of sheer confusion.

The wiki related to that particular campaign is under construction and will be up and running ASAP.

So I guess I'll take some time to lay out what I got as far as plotlines go:
The party is Sith Lords and allies of the Sith Empire in the time of the Old Republic, a few decades or so after the Knights of the Old Republic games (if you're familiar with them).

That's all I got for now. I'm letting my players figure out their backstories before I go and design a story too detailed and end up derailing any interesting character histories they had thought up.
Plus it lets me design a plot centered entirely around them from the get go, no matter what their party consists of exactly the story will be ready for them, come what may.

Oh and so far two of them finished their characters: Nicholas Rage and Nicholas Mage.

Oh yes, this is going to be fun. I can tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment